Recipe by JenniferK2
I served this at a BBQ and everyone loved it. I did not put the garnishes on the side for everyone, I just mixed them right into the salad so the "food line" would not get held up. Time includes chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces lettuce (bagged mix)
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces corn chips, slightly crushed (blue corn)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces thick & chunky salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt, saute in pan until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked chicken, corn, tomatoes, black beans, onions and red pepper in large bowl; stir in dressing.
- Chill at least 1 hour (can be prepared a day ahead).
- When ready to serve, combine chicken mixture with lettuce. Serve with remaining garnishes - each diner garnishes own salad as desired.