Recipe by Barb G.
This is a very tasty mexican salad, I have seen it made on TV, the recipe is courtesy of Xochimilco Mexican Restaurant, Sacramento,CA.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We really enjoyed this salad, especially the dressing. I did add some things for our personal preferences. I used red and green peppers along with one seeded and sliced jalopeno for the veggies. I also added a hand full of black beans and altered the amounts of the other ingredients to make a one dish meal for us. It was excellent. Made for My-3-Chef 08.
- 7 ounces chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup avocado
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken until nearly cooked, then add bell peppers and onion, cook until lightly browned.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and chili powder for flavor and color.
- Special dressing; mix ranch dressing, avocado, and cilantro to blend, put on top of salad.
- Place chicken mixture on top of lettuce; top with tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, cheese, and the specal dressing, serve.