Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are fabulous and so easy to make. A great company dish seved Mexican Rice and a Salad!
Make and share this Mexican Chicken Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set the breadcrumb
- mixture aside. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax
- paper; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling
- pin. Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Roll up from
- short side, and secure with wooden picks. Dip chicken rolls in
- butter, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side
- down, on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, until done.
Hubby and I thought this was good, and I thought it was also easy to prepare. I didn't have any breadcrumbs so I put some cheez-its in my food processor and used those. I also used cheap-o string cheese cut into chunks for the filling, and it seemed to work out well. I would have liked to add more spice, however I wanted my 1 year old to be able to eat it, which he did very happily. I would definitely make this recipe again. Thanks for posting it.
This was so quick and easy. My chicken breasts were pretty huge so I butterflied them before pounding them and also added a little arugula with the cheese which made for a beautiful presentation and another layer of flavor. I used panko for the crumbs and served with brown rice with corn, peppers, cumin, and chili powder. Crispy outside, moist and creamy inside! This is going to stay in our regular rotation.
I made 4 chicken breasts with this recipe. I cooked two and froze the other two to bake later. The breading is well seasoned and using a spicy pepper jack cheese inside the chicken was good. The chicken was moist. Thank you for sharing your recipe!