Recipe by Little Bee
These are fabulous and so easy to make. A great company dish seved Mexican Rice and a Salad!
Top Review by TexasKelly
Hubby and I thought this was good, and I thought it was also easy to prepare. I didn't have any breadcrumbs so I put some cheez-its in my food processor and used those. I also used cheap-o string cheese cut into chunks for the filling, and it seemed to work out well. I would have liked to add more spice, however I wanted my 1 year old to be able to eat it, which he did very happily. I would definitely make this recipe again. Thanks for posting it.
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, cut crosswse into 8 same size slices
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set the breadcrumb
- mixture aside. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax
- paper; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling
- pin. Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Roll up from
- short side, and secure with wooden picks. Dip chicken rolls in
- butter, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side
- down, on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, until done.