Recipe by Hey Jude
This casserole is a good way to use up leftover cooked rice, chicken, cheeses, etc. My mother served this when I was a child...I don't know where she got the recipe but it's really yummy and I make it often.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 3 cups cooked chicken, in large pieces
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add mixture to remaining ingredients except corn chips.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 2 qt.
- baking dish.
- Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or till heated throughout.