Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pot Pie with a little twist to spark your taste buds! Cooking time does not include time to cook chicken.
- 3 cups skinless chicken, cooked, and diced (your choice)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- Cook chicken and dice.
- Add the salsa, corn, and cheese, and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix the corn bread according to the pkg. directions, or mix from scatch.
- Mix the corn bread mixture in with the sour cream, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Put in a casserole dish and bake following directions on corn bread box or pkg.
- When cornbread is done, remove from oven, and cut into portion size pieces.
- Serve hot.
Ok...I have to admit this recipe didn't come easy...I made so many changes that it became a long process...having said that...we give it a solid 5 stars! I didn't have the chicken pre-cooked so that took awhile. I used thigh meat. I then added my own salsa, 1 can each of black beans and dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained. 1 medium onion chopped and 1 can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos...that is where my problem started...my own entirely lol!! I was going to drain them but DGS was here and I just dumped them in...so too much liquid. The size of dish was an issue as you didn't state the size so I assumed it was small...I added so much extra things I needed a 9x13...had to drain the entire thing...take off the cornbread mix as best I could then...reapply in a larger dish. Needless to say after all my flaws it was a delish dish that I will be making often. The entire family literally scarfed down the whole thing. Was really hoping for left overs...not happening!!! Thanks for posting a great recipe...I know I will be making this again and again. Due to the 9x13 pan we feed 10 -12 people. The topping was much thinner I'm sure...but excellent just the same!!! Served with sour cream, mexican cheese and green onions for garnish.
5 stars for easy and family pleasing. I added 1/2 can of black beans and diced jalepenos. It didn't really specify, but I mixed it all together and spread the corn bread mix on top and baked it about 10 minutes longer than the box said. it fed 6 people with no leftovers. Another good one, Linda!