Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Pot Pie with a little twist to spark your taste buds! Cooking time does not include time to cook chicken.
Top Review by Thea
Ok...I have to admit this recipe didn't come easy...I made so many changes that it became a long process...having said that...we give it a solid 5 stars! I didn't have the chicken pre-cooked so that took awhile. I used thigh meat. I then added my own salsa, 1 can each of black beans and dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained. 1 medium onion chopped and 1 can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos...that is where my problem started...my own entirely lol!! I was going to drain them but DGS was here and I just dumped them in...so too much liquid. The size of dish was an issue as you didn't state the size so I assumed it was small...I added so much extra things I needed a 9x13...had to drain the entire thing...take off the cornbread mix as best I could then...reapply in a larger dish. Needless to say after all my flaws it was a delish dish that I will be making often. The entire family literally scarfed down the whole thing. Was really hoping for left overs...not happening!!! Thanks for posting a great recipe...I know I will be making this again and again. Due to the 9x13 pan we feed 10 -12 people. The topping was much thinner I'm sure...but excellent just the same!!! Served with sour cream, mexican cheese and green onions for garnish.
- 3 cups skinless chicken, cooked, and diced (your choice)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken and dice.
- Add the salsa, corn, and cheese, and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix the corn bread according to the pkg. directions, or mix from scatch.
- Mix the corn bread mixture in with the sour cream, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Put in a casserole dish and bake following directions on corn bread box or pkg.
- When cornbread is done, remove from oven, and cut into portion size pieces.
- Serve hot.