Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Simple & Delicious, submitted by Marti Gutwein. Original also called for a 15 oz. can of black beans (rinsed and drained) to add in the second step, but I leave out as personal preference.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa con queso, dip
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, combine chicken, dip, milk and salt.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Top with tomato, onions and cheese.
This is really good! I put it together just a little differently though. I sauteed the cubed chicken in some butter with the green onions, then added the salsa, milk, tomato. and about half a can of black beans and simmered it a bit. Mixed it with the penne and topped individual servings with the shredded cheddar. Turned out quite well. Thanks!