Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious summery fresh taste!! Revised to our taste from Becel
- 9.85 ml becel oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, diced in half inch pieces
- 946.36-1419.54 ml low sodium chicken broth (depending on how thick you like your soup;I used 4 cups)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1.23 ml hot sauce (I used about half a teaspoon of tobasco)
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Stir chicken in and reduce heat to low.
- Partially cover and simmer very gently for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, gently combine tomato, avocado, lime juice, hot sauce and cilantro; set aside.
- Just before serving, stir in tomato/avocado mixture; serve immediately.
Two words -- PHE-NOMENAL! This soup is so yummy, my husband even asked me to make it again the next night! I used some pre-cooked shredded chicken that I had in the freezer, so it was also quick and very easy! I used a little more lime than the recipe called for, so I also added a little bit of kosher salt to counteract the sweetness of the lime juice. The only thing I might change next time would be to put the avocados on the side instead of in the soup because they were soggy for leftovers, but otherwise this was a great meal. Thanks for sharing!
this was great and easy.i used to get get this at a restaurant in atlanta and tried to duplicate it once before i started cooking and was not successful.this was perfect and is my new chicken soup.atleast for summer.this only difference i made was to add mushrooms and different colored bell peppers.very pretty.
Delicious soup! I didn't change a thing and wouldn't change a thing. I love the flavor mix. I will double or triple this recipe next time.