Recipe by Geema
The type of salsa you use in this recipe will make all the difference if you like things mild or spicy. I love to use the green tomatillo salsa, along with some of the red to make this cheesy chicken dish look even more colorful. Garhish with lots of cilantro.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced thin
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pound chicken breasts with a food mallet to make a thin cutlet.
- Top each breast with equal amounts of cheese, and chilies.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- In a pie plate, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the chicken in the crumbs, coating completely.
- Arrange chicken rolls in a shallow baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour salsa over chicken and bake another 15 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with additional salsa and a little sour cream if desired.