Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
This is a fun and flavorful recipe I got off the side of a box of frozen phyllo dough. The recipe has good flavor, but is not particularly spicy, so feel free to kick up the heat to suit your tastes.
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced ripe olives, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 12 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Lightly butter cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients excpet phyllo and butter. Set aside.
- Layer phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter - 2 stacks of 6 sheets.
- Spread 1/2 chicken mixture along short edge of each stack of phyllo sheets.
- Allow mixture to cover only 1/4 of sheets and leave 1 1/2 inches uncovered at each side.
- Fold sides in and brush with melted butter.
- Roll jelly-roll fasion and place on cooke sheet, seam side down. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until phyllo is browned and crispy.
- Cut each in half.