1/2 Photos of Mexican Chicken Gumbo
A heartier version of chicken tortilla soup, mimicking Mexican Gumbo from Qdoba.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs cubed cooked chicken (boiled)
- 1 (49 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (26 ounce) carton chicken stock
- 2 (28 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet ranch dip mix
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 large limes or 2 small limes
- diced fresh cilantro
- sour cream (garnish)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese (garnish)
- avocado (garnish)
- corn tortilla strips (garnish)
- 1Cilantro Lime Rice: Prepare enough white rice to yield 3 cups cooked rice. Zest 1 large (or 2 small) limes over cooked rice. Add the juice of the lime/limes. Add in diced cilantro. Mix together thoroughly and cover, let sit for 1 hour to set.
- 2Boil 3lbs of chicken. Let cool, then cube. Set aside.
- 3In a skillet, sweat diced onion and garlic in olive oil over low heat until they are translucent and have a soft texture. Set aside.
- 4Dump both cans black beans into colander and rinse. Set aside.
- 5In large cooking pot, combine chicken broth, chicken stock, petit diced tomatoes, black beans, green chilies, cubed chicken, onions and garlic, and packet of ranch dip mix. After the rice has set, add it to the pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for one hour, or until soup is desired temperature.
- 6Serve garnished with sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, diced avocado, and tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 673.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dip mix