Recipe by faith58
I got out this recipe out of the paper from a well known restaurant in our area. I made them tonight and the family loved them so decided to post the recipe!! Hope you enjoy them :) I added a few more spices as called for and played with it. I also warmed the corn tortillas before putting the meat in and frying them. Time is for all the cooking and rest of steps! I also added a touch of garlic powder and onion powder with the other seasonings. Next time I might also add cheddar or mexican cheese to some and see how that would taste too, Yummy :)
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 ounce salt
- 16 ounces water
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 3 -4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 -4 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 ounces corn oil
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 ounces cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 ounces cornstarch
- 3 (10 ounce) packages corn, tortilla's
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in water with salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Bring water to a boil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove meat and save the liquid. Shred meat and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet add chicken, and reserved liquid and lightly cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and seasonings, using cornstarch to thicken. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Heat a skillet lightly coated with corn oil. Fill corn tortillas that have been lightly warmed on burner with meat mixture and roll to form a tight tube. Fry in skillet until crisp and crunchy.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream or salsa.