Recipe by evelyn/athens
Sometimes, long after the kids are in bed, I halve this recipe for hubby and myself, and we dip and eat in front of the TV. It's a great way to have dinner every so often.
Top Review by CountryLady
DELICIOUS!! It had just the right amount of spices & peppers to give the dip a kick without making you run for a glass of milk. I used my homemade salsa & will strain it next time as I found the bottom layer had too much liquid. I would also leave the cheeses unmelted. Thanx Evelyn!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups prepared chunky salsa
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- 1 spring onion, sliced thin (optional)
- warm corn tortillas or nacho corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper and saute until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and jalapenos and saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl using slotted spoon.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until opaque, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to chicken and stir to combine well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Pour salsa over.
- Top with cheeses.
- Cover and bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Dollop with sour cream, sprinkle with green onion and serve immediately.