Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a tasty, quick to fix soup that is perfect for a cool evening. You can make it as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of Tabasco. Don't forget to add the tomatoes at the end - they add an incredible depth of flavor to the soup!
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
- 44.37 ml butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 2.46-4.92 ml ground cumin
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 453.59 g can cream-style corn
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1.23-4.92 ml Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken, onion, and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- Dissolve the bouillon in hot water.
- Add to pan along with the cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, cheese, corn, chilies, and Tabasco.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in tomato.
- Serve immediately; garnish with cilantro if desired.
Came out wonderful (expect it was not spicy enough for my husband) :)
Really good. I thickened mine a bit with cornstarch. Dh loves corn chowder. I do not. Now we are both happy.
This is so flavorfull and easy to make. had friends for lunch and they each had seconds'. Absolutley fabulous. Now a favorite.