Recipe by miss gracie
Here is a tasty, quick to fix soup that is perfect for a cool evening. You can make it as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of Tabasco. Don't forget to add the tomatoes at the end - they add an incredible depth of flavor to the soup!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken, onion, and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- Dissolve the bouillon in hot water.
- Add to pan along with the cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, cheese, corn, chilies, and Tabasco.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in tomato.
- Serve immediately; garnish with cilantro if desired.