miss gracie's Note:
Here is a tasty, quick to fix soup that is perfect for a cool evening. You can make it as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of Tabasco. Don't forget to add the tomatoes at the end - they add an incredible depth of flavor to the soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 2In a Dutch oven, brown chicken, onion, and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- 3Dissolve the bouillon in hot water.
- 4Add to pan along with the cumin; bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add cream, cheese, corn, chilies, and Tabasco.
- 7Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- 8Stir in tomato.
- 9Serve immediately; garnish with cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.4 mg
- Sodium 957.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 38.0 g