Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is great on those cold winter nights. We usually serve with cornbread and green salad.
Top Review by Missyb33
This truly is a great recipe for a cold winter night. The chowder was full of flavor and the creamed corn provided a nice sweetness to it. I used Frank's Red Hot as the hot sauce simply because that's what I had on hand and also added a few shakes of pepper. Excellent!
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml half-and-half cream
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 (850.48 g) can cream-style corn
- 127.57 g canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 2.46 ml hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro