1/2 Photos of Mexican Chicken-Chili Tart
1997 Grand Prize Winner Mexican Chicken-Chili Tart Hamilton Norton Jacksonville, FL *I'm unsure of the
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 goldkist farms boneless skinless chicken breasts, split (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded jalapeno pepper cheese, divided
- 1 cup corn (about 1, 11-ounce can)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion, including tops (about 6 onions)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and refrigerate while preparing tart crust.
- 2Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 3Combine flour, cumin, chili powder, paprika, red pepper, garlic powder and salt in food processor bowl. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, or use pastry blender to cut in butter. Add ice water and hot pepper sauce and pulse or stir with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- 4Press dough onto bottom and partially up sides of 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- 5Line tart shell with foil and fill with raw rice or dried beans to weight the shell.
- 6Bake in center of preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil with rice, and return tart shell to oven to bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on rack while making filling.
- 7Heat olive oil in large skillet, add chicken and sauté until done. Stir in cumin, chili powder and salt; set aside.
- 8Puree 1 cup of the black beans and 2 tablespoons sour cream in food processor or blender. Spread mixture over bottom of cooled crust.
- 9Top with half of the cooked chicken, one cup of the hot pepper cheese, corn, red bell pepper, green onions, remaining cup black beans, remaining chicken, and remaining cup hot pepper cheese.
- 10Sprinkle top of tart with cheddar cheese and bake in preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes or until heated throughout and cheese is melted.
- 11Let tart cool 15 minutes.
- 12To serve, remove tart from pan and place on serving dish. Serve warm or at room temperature with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken-Chili Tart
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.7
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 589.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 32.6 g