An adaptation of another recipe but with more veggies. I'll add chopped red or green pepper next time and some cilantro for garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can canned diced green chiles, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernel (frozen or canned)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese (or 2 oz)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry enchilada mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded extra-sharp reduced-fat )
- 1 ounce tortilla chips, crushed
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Add chicken, 1/2 can of chilies and chicken broth to skillet.
- 3Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove to plate, cool and shred.
- 4Reserve liquid.
- 5Heat oil in skillet.
- 6Add chopped onion til softened, then garlic.
- 7Add corn, olives, chicken, remaining 1/2 can of chilies, cream cheese, monterey jack cheese, tomato paste and envelope of enchilada sauce mix. (Follow directions on envelope regarding how much water to add) and reserved liquid from cooking the chicken. Combine and cook about 3 minutes.
- 8Spray 9 inch square casserole dish with cooking spray. Tear 2 tortillas and lay on bottom of pan. Cover with half of chicken mixture. Do same with remaining tortillas and mixture. Top with crushed tortillas and cheddar cheese.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes, or until heated completely.
- 10(Substitute other cheeses if desired).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 930.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
dry enchilada mix