Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adaptation of another recipe but with more veggies. I'll add chopped red or green pepper next time and some cilantro for garnish.
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can canned diced green chiles, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernel (frozen or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese (or 2 oz)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry enchilada mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded extra-sharp reduced-fat )
- 1 ounce tortilla chips, crushed
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add chicken, 1/2 can of chilies and chicken broth to skillet.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove to plate, cool and shred.
- Reserve liquid.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add chopped onion til softened, then garlic.
- Add corn, olives, chicken, remaining 1/2 can of chilies, cream cheese, monterey jack cheese, tomato paste and envelope of enchilada sauce mix. (Follow directions on envelope regarding how much water to add) and reserved liquid from cooking the chicken. Combine and cook about 3 minutes.
- Spray 9 inch square casserole dish with cooking spray. Tear 2 tortillas and lay on bottom of pan. Cover with half of chicken mixture. Do same with remaining tortillas and mixture. Top with crushed tortillas and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until heated completely.
- (Substitute other cheeses if desired).