1/2 Photos of Mexican Chicken Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
A really nice flavor to this dish. I did not really know what I was going to make the other day so looked in the pantry. I saw that there was a packet of Fajita mix. This was right up my alley and everything fell into place after that. its great for a cool or cold night with loads of taste and its sure not going to blow out the budget either! I served it with hot vegetables but it would be great with rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 10 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 onion, Large, Brown chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 118.29 ml red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, Skinned and chopped
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 56.69 g fajita seasoning mix, El paso
- flour, plain
- 14.79-29.58 ml cornflour
- 1Dust Chicken with the flour - I use a plastic bag to shake my chicken in - shake off excess flour and place to one side.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet or frying pan and sear the chicken pieces, this will take a couple of goes, and place in a casserole dish.
- 3Sauté the onions and garlic in the remainder of the oil gently until it looks at least half cooked.
- 4Add the celery, tomatoes, capsicum stirring for a few minutes then put the fajita mix (half is usually 2 ounces - as too much makes it too hot) in with pepper and salt adding the chicken stock. Simmer for just a minute or two and spoon over the chicken,
- 5Cook in a moderate oven for about 1 1/2 hours, or in the microwave on simmer for 45 minutes - thicken before serving with the corn flour mixed with a little water into a thin paste.
- 6Serve either with hot vegetables or on a bed of rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.7
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 201.0 mg
- Sodium 371.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 45.0 g