Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A really nice flavor to this dish. I did not really know what I was going to make the other day so looked in the pantry. I saw that there was a packet of Fajita mix. This was right up my alley and everything fell into place after that. its great for a cool or cold night with loads of taste and its sure not going to blow out the budget either! I served it with hot vegetables but it would be great with rice
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 onion, Large, Brown chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, Skinned and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ounces fajita seasoning mix, El paso
- flour, plain
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornflour
- Dust Chicken with the flour - I use a plastic bag to shake my chicken in - shake off excess flour and place to one side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet or frying pan and sear the chicken pieces, this will take a couple of goes, and place in a casserole dish.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the remainder of the oil gently until it looks at least half cooked.
- Add the celery, tomatoes, capsicum stirring for a few minutes then put the fajita mix (half is usually 2 ounces - as too much makes it too hot) in with pepper and salt adding the chicken stock. Simmer for just a minute or two and spoon over the chicken,
- Cook in a moderate oven for about 1 1/2 hours, or in the microwave on simmer for 45 minutes - thicken before serving with the corn flour mixed with a little water into a thin paste.
- Serve either with hot vegetables or on a bed of rice.