Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick creamy, crunchy, spicy casserole-great comfort food dish!
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 4 ounces cream cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup old el paso taco seasoning
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 slices jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 flour tortillas, cut into short strips
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large pot combine soup, milk and cream cheese and mix until creamy on medium low heat. Add Taco seasoning and mix well.
- Drain black beans and add them along with peppers.
- Add chicken, tortilla strips and rice. Mix well and heat thoroughly. Place in 9x13 casserole and sprinkle taco sauce over. Top with cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until bubbly on the sides.