Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This allows you to chose the heat you desire. This is not exactly and easy recipe but it's not difficult either. It's worth it! This is the only one that my family really likes. I got this from a friend that I worked with.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb Rotel tomatoes & chilies (any heat)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies (any heat)
- 1 (16 ounce) bagcorn flavored Doritos, smashed but not crushed
- 6 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup picante sauce (any heat)
- Boil chicken till done (reserve 2 cups broth)and remove from bones.
- Mix all ingredients well EXCEPT for the chips and cheese.
- Spray 13 X 9 inch baking pan with non stick coating spary.
- Pour 1/3 of the chips into the bottom of the dish to cover with a good layer.
- Pour enough reserved broth into dish with chips to make chips semi-soggy.
- Next put half of the chicken mixture over the chips.
- Next layer 1/2 of cheddar cheese.
- Next layer another 1/3 of chips.
- Next layer last half of chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven and follow with the last layers of chips and cheese.
- Bake uncovered until cheese is melted and casserole is hot, about 10 minutes.
I made this pretty much as stated only I upped the heat by adding in crushed chili flakes, we loved this casserole, thanks for sharing Karen, this was made for Karen's cookathon at KK's forum