Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is very easy to make and is quite flavorful. My mother-in-law introduced me to it. Even the kids love it! Recipe calls for a package of shredded cheese, but you can use less - it's just for topping.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can cooked chicken or 1 (12 ounce) can turkey
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) bag tortilla chips, separated in two equal amounts, crush 1/2
- Saute the onion and pepper in 1 Tbl. butter in a medium sauce pan. Add remaining ingredients (except chips and cheese) to the saucepan.
- Heat mixture through on medium heat.
- Remove mixture from stove and add crushed tortilla chips. Stir to mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake at 325 degrees until cheese melts.
- Serve with extra tortilla chips on the side.