Recipe by E.A.
Another cream of soup recipe. But this is so easy and yummy I just had to post it. I changed the recipe a bit to make a little spicy.
Top Review by Happy Hippie
Wonderful meal that is quick and easy to prepare. I was true to the recipe with the exception of the cheese. What I had on hand was shredded cheddar/jack and to make up for the difference in what I was short so I added some shredded sharp cheddar. I didn't top it off with the olives or jalapenos to suit family tastes. If it were me, I'd add them for sure. A little information for the reviewer who thought this ended up soupy for her, it's because the missing cream of mushroom soup is needed for "thickness." The Onion soup and water mix is the problem here. Also, I assume she used a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos, which are very good, but they also contain more liquid than the Rotel. If this recipe is made as specified, it is far from soupy, but is a perfect casserole dish with lots of flavor, texture and body.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can rotel
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- 1 (6 ounce) can olives (optional)
- 2 jalapenos, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream, for garnish
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir togetherthe 3 kinds of soup and the Rotel.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Layer the tortillas and the chicken mixture in the pan, beginning and ending with tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Top with olives and the sliced jalapenos.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Use sour cream and lettuce for garnish.