1/2 Photos of Mexican Chicken Casserole
This casserole is a favorite of everyone who has it. Every time I ask, "What would you like for dinner/your birthday/major event?" I am always surprised that the request is this simple casserole. My mother-in-law made this for my husband when he was a kid and it is still his favorite, and now my family requests it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- cooked rice
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare chicken and rice.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Mix together soups, tomatoes, and broth.
- 3In a large casserole dish, layer half of chicken, soup mixture, and cheese. Repeat.
- 4Top with crushed chips.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling; serve over rice.
- 6NOTE: The chips get pretty dark--if you are afraid they will burn cover the casserole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.0 mg
- Sodium 1672.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 35.5 g