Recipe by MommyMakes
This casserole is a favorite of everyone who has it. Every time I ask, "What would you like for dinner/your birthday/major event?" I am always surprised that the request is this simple casserole. My mother-in-law made this for my husband when he was a kid and it is still his favorite, and now my family requests it as well.
Top Review by ElvisPresley99
Super Simple. I have to say, as funky as it seems (and my wife wanted to call a therapist for me when she saw the Doritos) I have to say this is so delicious. My 17 year old went for 3 helpings. Very simple recipe! Thanks!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- cooked rice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare chicken and rice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix together soups, tomatoes, and broth.
- In a large casserole dish, layer half of chicken, soup mixture, and cheese. Repeat.
- Top with crushed chips.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling; serve over rice.
- NOTE: The chips get pretty dark--if you are afraid they will burn cover the casserole.