Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great dish to serve for a Mexican Feast. Serve it along with tacos, buritos, and other dishes. Can be served alone with some good homemade breads. It is an easy dish containing chicken, doritos, cheese, onion, Ro Tel Tomatoes and spices.
- 6 chicken breasts
- nacho cheese flavor Doritos
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- Place chicken in large boiler and boil until chicken is falling off bones.
- Remove chicken and debone and skin it. Save chicken broth off chicken.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Melt velveeta cheese with the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth. Add onion, chili powder and Rotel tomatoes.
- Place chicken in casserole dish, layer the gently crushed doritos on top.
- Pour cheese mixture over doritos and chicken.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Serve warm.