Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
If you like mexican food and chicken burritos this is a good one to try.
Make and share this Mexican Chicken Burritos (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, use your favorite
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs whole chickens, small enough to fit into crock pot
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups red beans, canned
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 corn tortillas
- Add broth, salsa and flour in crock pot, mixing well.
- Add onion and garlic, stir together.
- Place whole chicken in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred meat with 2 forks, discard all bones and other unwanted parts.
- Then run juice thru a blender to make a smooth liquid.
- Return liquid to crock pot.
- Add sour cream to juice in crock pot stirring well.
- Add chicken pieces and let heat on low until ready to serve.
- Heat beans and tortillas serve with cheese to make burritos.
I am making this right now. After reading the comments I added diced green chillis and olives... Hope it is yummmy! I also used boneless skinless chx...
I made this for my husband and I last night, very tasty and easy to make. I changed the recipe a bit based on what I had in the house. I used cut up chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken and added a chopped tomato and 2T taco fresco taco seasoning for a bit more flavor. Also was out of sour cream so I used equal parts buttermilk and half and half as a substitute, and used black eyed peas and rice in place of the red beans.
OH BOY did I enjoy! TRUE! And glad was guided by last review! I sliced chicken breast very thin, In this recipe, it is a win! Added two cans kidney beans drained too! For bit of ole, used one cup HOT salsa, personal tatse for you know who! LOVE recipe versatility! This one is a DEFINATE keeper for ME! THANKS!