Recipe by gailanng
It's all here...the recipe for the meat, starch and the vegetables all in one. From Weber's on Grill.
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder or 2 tablespoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 medium Hass avocadoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup queso fresco (can sub shredded cheddar cheese)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 6 handfuls tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Message the bag to distribute the marinade and refrigerate while you prepare the rice.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the rice, broth and salt to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Move off the burner and keep covered for 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Keep a lid on the rice until ready to use.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Remove the chicken from the bag, discarding the marinade. Grill the chicken, smooth (skin) side down first, over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm to the touch and opaque all the way to the center, 8 to 12 minutes, turning once or twice. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Divide the rice evenly between individual bowls. Top the rice with small mounds of chicken, avocado, tomato, onion and beans. Sprinkle the queso fresco on top. Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.