Recipe by Tisme
Posted for ZWT3. I got this recipe from the A.B.C. I do not like things hot and spicy, but DH loved it. I used chicken breasts in my recipe, and next time I will use mild taco sauce, but If you are like my DH, GO FOR IT !!! Tomato Supreme is made by Edgell.
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 300 g drained red kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 200 g spicy taco sauce
- 1 can tomatoes, supreme
- 250 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim away excess fat from chicken. Cut each thigh into four pieces. Heat oil in a frypan, saute' chicken until just brown. Add taco sauce and tomato supreme, simmer for three minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine the rice, kidney beans and half the coriander. Mix well. Press rice mixture into the base of a wide shallow casserole dish. Spread over half the cheese. Top with chicken and sauce mixture. Sprinkle across remaining coriander and cheese. Place on lid on it or cover with foil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees c until the mixture is bubbling and cheese has melted. Remove the lid or foil for the last five minutes of cooking.
- Serve this with the sour cream.