Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A cozy comforting home-cooked meal doesn’t have to take hours to make. This recipe is 30 years old and it takes only about 30 minutes to make.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 3 -4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- In a skillet, sauté onion, green pepper and jalapeno peppers in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the rice, chicken, 2 cups cheese and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
- Country Woman.