Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious and easy to make! The flavor is incredible!
Make and share this Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package yellow rice mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can rotel
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups low-fat monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- preheat oven 350 degrees. cook rice according to package directions, sautee onions and bell pepper in oil for 10 minutes In large bowl combine black beans, 1 1/2 cup Cheese, Rotel, Chicken, Bell Pepper/Onion Mixture, and yellow rice. Spoon into 13x9 dish sprinkle the rest of cheese on top, bake covered for 30 minutes.
This was a quick, healthy meal! I couldn't find a 'yellow rice mix' as stated, only one with saffron seasoning and I didn't think that would work well. So, I used brown rice. I also had some red pepper that I added to the mix which added more color and flavor. I rinsed and drained the beans too. Update to 5 stars: This dish's flavore was even more fabulous the next day! My son asked to keep the leftovers for just HIM! MERP'd for my adopted chef in Spring PAC '10.
Very good! It reminded me of a Chipotle burrito bowl (I like to mix everything together). Added in a dollop of sour cream and ate with tortilla chips. Also, I cooked one cup of dry brown rice just because I wasn't sure which way the ounces were measured. I also used about 1.5 pounds of boneless skinless thighs and that made about two cups of meat. Also, I made this ahead of time then baked it at 375 (since it was cold from the fridge) for 30 minutes uncovered then added the cheese at the end.