Recipe by Lulabelle30
This is delicious and easy to make! The flavor is incredible!
Top Review by DuChick
This was a quick, healthy meal! I couldn't find a 'yellow rice mix' as stated, only one with saffron seasoning and I didn't think that would work well. So, I used brown rice. I also had some red pepper that I added to the mix which added more color and flavor. I rinsed and drained the beans too. Update to 5 stars: This dish's flavore was even more fabulous the next day! My son asked to keep the leftovers for just HIM! MERP'd for my adopted chef in Spring PAC '10.
- 1 (8 ounce) package yellow rice mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can rotel
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups low-fat monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- preheat oven 350 degrees. cook rice according to package directions, sautee onions and bell pepper in oil for 10 minutes In large bowl combine black beans, 1 1/2 cup Cheese, Rotel, Chicken, Bell Pepper/Onion Mixture, and yellow rice. Spoon into 13x9 dish sprinkle the rest of cheese on top, bake covered for 30 minutes.