Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A very tasty casserole, I really think you will enjoy this!
Top Review by Carrie Y.
We loved this recipe! We thought it was very tasty and not a crumb was left behind.<br/>The only thing I did different was combine all ingredients together (without cooking them first), placed them in the dish, and then added the chicken....<br/>Oh, and I did have to cook longer, 'cause I used brown rice (it was all I had).<br/>Thank you for posting this recipe, it was made a great meal. We will be making it again soon!
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and roughly chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 -9 chicken pieces (skin removed if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute onion, bell pepper and garlic until softened.
- Add in beans, tomatoes, broth, chilies, corn, rice, chili powder, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a 1-gallon plastic bag, combine flour, garlic salt and paprika; shake the bag to mix spices.
- Add in the chicken pieces and shake to coat.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on top of rice; press lightly into rice.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the chicken if fork-tender, and the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove foil, bake an additional 15 minutes to brown chicken.