Recipe by MrsBone04
This is a recipe I adapted from another recipe I found on this site. I changed it to my liking. It has more of a Mexican flare to it than Greek, like the original recipe. It sounds like there is too much liquid in the recipe, but it really turns out nicely.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 3/4 inch cubes (I used chicken strips instead, but you can use as much chicken as you want)
- 2 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 1 banana pepper, diced (or jalapeno)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in 3/8 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken, potatoes, onions and jalapeños in a glass baking pan.
- Mix well to get everything evenly distributed in the pan.
- Pour the chicken bouillon over all.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and oregano together.
- Pour over chicken and potato mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly and potatoes are tender.
- This would be really good served with a nice crusty loaf of bread to soak up the juices.