Recipe by stonecoldcrazy
I crave this cheesy, delicious soup, packed with chicken, peppers and Mexican spices. You could kick it up with cayenne pepper if you like it hot!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, onion and peppers in olive oil until soft.
- In a soup pot, heat chicken broth and stir in tomato sauce, Worcestershire, chili powder, cumin and coriander.
- Add chicken and veggies.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, approximately 20 minutes.
- Mix flour and water, whisk into soup and bring back to a boil. (omit this step if you don't want a thicker soup).
- Stir in sour cream and cheese and cook until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with more shredded cheese on top or crispy tortillas.