My favourite diet soup recipe - high protein, low carb and low fat for a healthy post-gym dinner.
Make and share this Mexican Chicken and Bell Pepper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml chili flakes
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 500 g free-range chicken breast fillets, sliced
- chopped coriander or parsley and lime wedge, to serve
- Saute the onion, garlic, and chilli in the oil until fragrant.
- Add stock, tomatoes, and oregano and bring to the boil.
- Tip in the bell pepper and chicken, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, ot until chicken is just cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with the herbs and add a squeeze of lemon juice.