Recipe by peachy_pie
My favourite diet soup recipe - high protein, low carb and low fat for a healthy post-gym dinner.
Top Review by Annacia
There is an amazing amount of flavor in this simple soup. It's unsubstantial while still managing to be light and thats a good trick to pull off. I used a good (restaurant quality) chicken soup base and with the fresh ingredients it just popped like a lively Mariachi band. The heat level was perfect for my taste. I'll make a bigger batch next time! :D
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 500 g free-range chicken breast fillets, sliced
- chopped coriander or parsley and lime wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion, garlic, and chilli in the oil until fragrant.
- Add stock, tomatoes, and oregano and bring to the boil.
- Tip in the bell pepper and chicken, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, ot until chicken is just cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with the herbs and add a squeeze of lemon juice.