1/1 Photo of Mexican Chicken and Bell Pepper Soup
My favourite diet soup recipe - high protein, low carb and low fat for a healthy post-gym dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 500 g free-range chicken breast fillets, sliced
- chopped coriander or parsley and lime wedge, to serve
- 1Saute the onion, garlic, and chilli in the oil until fragrant.
- 2Add stock, tomatoes, and oregano and bring to the boil.
- 3Tip in the bell pepper and chicken, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, ot until chicken is just cooked through.
- 4Serve sprinkled with the herbs and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken and Bell Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 33.2 g