Made this recipe years ago and have modified it somewhat from the original. Once you make it, it will be your favorite. Best when the chicken is marinated 2 days but can be done when marinated for 24 hours. For the chicken breast, I normally buy 1/2 a breast per person. If the breast are large, I cut each breast in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 255.14 g orange juice (or mixture of citrus juices)
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml adobo seasoning (Chef Marino)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4.92 ml dried basil leaves
- 29.58 ml achiote paste
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 1Combine all ingredients except Chicken Breast. Thoroughly mix the.
- 2ingredient with a blender. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade. Reserve some of the marinade for brushing. Cover and grill chicken 5 to 6 inches from medium-hot coals for 5 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover and grill, turning and brushing with marinade 2 or 3 times, until done, about 10 minutes longer.
- 3NOTE: To broil, place chicken in greased 13x9x2-inch pan. Pour half the.
- 4marinade over chicken. Broil chicken with tops about 4 inches from heat.
- 5until light brown, about 20 minutes. Turn chicken. Pour remaining.
- 6marinade over chicken. Broil until done, about 6 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Adobo
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 46.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: