Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made this recipe years ago and have modified it somewhat from the original. Once you make it, it will be your favorite. Best when the chicken is marinated 2 days but can be done when marinated for 24 hours. For the chicken breast, I normally buy 1/2 a breast per person. If the breast are large, I cut each breast in half.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 9 ounces orange juice (or mixture of citrus juices)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning (Chef Marino)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons achiote paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Combine all ingredients except Chicken Breast. Thoroughly mix the.
- ingredient with a blender. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove chicken from marinade. Reserve some of the marinade for brushing. Cover and grill chicken 5 to 6 inches from medium-hot coals for 5 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover and grill, turning and brushing with marinade 2 or 3 times, until done, about 10 minutes longer.
- NOTE: To broil, place chicken in greased 13x9x2-inch pan. Pour half the.
- marinade over chicken. Broil chicken with tops about 4 inches from heat.
- until light brown, about 20 minutes. Turn chicken. Pour remaining.
- marinade over chicken. Broil until done, about 6 minutes longer.