Recipe by sdollarhide
This is a quick and easy dish to prepare after a busy day! It is as delicious and it is easy. Your company will even enjoy this chicken dish with a little Mexican attiude! This receipe is easy to double. Enjoy!
Top Review by stormylee
A delicious one-dish meal that we thoroughly enjoyed! I used a 340 g jar of medium salsa and fresh garlic instead of powder. Next time I'll also add a touch of seasoning to the chicken when browning it. Thank you for a lovely recipe!
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (NOT quick rice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shopped fresh cilantro
- diced jalapeno (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until golden and tender.
- Add chicken and brown lightly on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Add chicken broth and salsa to the skillet.
- Bring to boil.
- Carefully stir in rice and garlic powder.
- Place browned chicken on top of the rice mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutess.
- Turn the chicken over and then simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
- Let stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and jalapanoes.