Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy dish to prepare after a busy day! It is as delicious and it is easy. Your company will even enjoy this chicken dish with a little Mexican attiude! This receipe is easy to double. Enjoy!
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until golden and tender.
- Add chicken and brown lightly on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Add chicken broth and salsa to the skillet.
- Bring to boil.
- Carefully stir in rice and garlic powder.
- Place browned chicken on top of the rice mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutess.
- Turn the chicken over and then simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
- Let stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and jalapanoes.
A delicious one-dish meal that we thoroughly enjoyed! I used a 340 g jar of medium salsa and fresh garlic instead of powder. Next time I'll also add a touch of seasoning to the chicken when browning it. Thank you for a lovely recipe!
Extremely easy to prepare. And delicious. Instead of garlic powder I used fresh garlic gloves. I did put 3 of those. Next time I am planning to add also some fresh tomato slices.
Forgot the stars!! Definately five!!