1/1 Photo of Mexican Chicken
This is a quick and easy dish to prepare after a busy day! It is as delicious and it is easy. Your company will even enjoy this chicken dish with a little Mexican attiude! This receipe is easy to double. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until golden and tender.
- 2Add chicken and brown lightly on both sides.
- 3Remove the chicken and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- 4Add chicken broth and salsa to the skillet.
- 5Bring to boil.
- 6Carefully stir in rice and garlic powder.
- 7Place browned chicken on top of the rice mixture.
- 8Cover and simmer for 10 minutess.
- 9Turn the chicken over and then simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
- 12Let stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- 13Garnish with cilantro and jalapanoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 125.4 mg
- Sodium 1187.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 38.5 g