Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have to credit my SIL, Katina, for this delicious meal. It is one of her families favorites. The recipe is very quick to whip together during a busy week. She usually puts a tablespoon---Yes, Tablespoon, of each spice into the recipe (not including the salt and pepper) but you can adjust it to your liking. If you are looking for something light this is not it. It is VERY rich yet has a wonderful flavor.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together whipping cream, soup and spices. Set aside.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish and pour soup mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- Can be served over rice or noodles.
I'm rating this with 5 stars because my grandchildren ate 3 helpings. I noted that it was posted that more spices were used so I upped my spices to 1/2 tsp of each. It had a mild subtle flavor that was loved by the younger ones. I would have preferred something stronger so next time I will try 1 tsp of each spice. At any rate it was very delicious and comforting. I used the Trader Joe's portbella cream of mushroom soup and I know that also helped as it has much more flavor than the white kind. I will definitely do this one again. I served it over rice. Thank you. Made for PAC 2012.