Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a great dish to make for any get together. It's easy and everybody always enjoys it.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (1 lb) bag nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips (break up)
- 1 (11 ounce) can rotel (extra spicy or original)
- 2 chicken breasts (with skin)
- 2 lbs Mexican blend cheese
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- Boil Chicken until done and break into pieces.
- Mix together cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, chicken broth (can use broth from boiled chicken or can broth), rotel, and onion in mixing bowl.
- In med. baking pan, layer bottom with 1/2 the bag of Doritios.
- Add chicken, mixture, cheese, and the rest of Doritios.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and cheese melted.
My small office was having an "end of tax season" potluck, so I decided to bring this dish. I used 3 chicken breasts which I seasoned, bbq'd and diced. I sauted the onion in olive oil and just shredded some cheddar and jack cheeses - probably used about 1 1/2 lbs. I followed the recipe on the rest. Cooked in 2 8x8 baking dishes, so I'd have one for dinner and the other for the pot luck. I thought it had good flavor. I meant to dice up a jalipeno and saute with the onion, but forgot! Everyone thought it was good - I brought home an empty dish :-). This isn't something I would make for dinner again - way too high in calories - but it was a nice, easy pot luck dish that seemed to go well with the other dishes that we had. Thanks for the recipe!
I have never heard of this dish before and I was looking for something to bring to a potluck. I had to make sure that it was delicious so I made it 2 days before the potluck and had my family over for dinner. They loved it and insited on taking all of the leftovers with them. At the potluck, I was told that "everyone was talking about" the dish I brought. This was very easy to make and had a nice spiceyness to it. I will definately make this again!