Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fast easy chicken for weeknights - whole family loves. Easy to adjust for "spicyness", change from Montery Jack w/Jalapeno to regular Montery Jack Cheese and skip the chiles. I Serve with fresh salsa and avacado. I make boxed yellow rice as a side. (Notes: Don't be afraid of the Doritos and works very well with frozen bagged chicken breasts)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime (or juice)
- 1 egg white
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 473.18 ml nacho cheese flavor Doritos, finely crushed
- 113.39 g whole green chilies, Canned, drained, cut into strips
- 473.18 ml jalapeno jack cheese (I shred fresh block)
- salsa (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry.
- Flatten all chicken breasts to even thickness.
- Crush Doritos to a very fine texture,(I use a meat tenderizer and a plasic bag), place in shallow dish.
- Mix together egg white, garlic, and juice from the lime.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture and then coat with Doritos.
- Place in baking dish, cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place chile strips on chicken, cover with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted - about 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve - garnish with Salsa and Avacado.
I had some leftover doritos in need of consumption. It worked out alright (3stars) but then I tried it with fresh doritos (5stars). It makes a big difference. Make sure to use a new bag.
Quick, easy recipe that my family enjoyed.