Recipe by Southern Mama
This is our family's favorite recipe!! I would like to get away from the canned soups though so I am going to try a recipe to make my own and see how that tastes. Sometimes I skip the layers and just combine everything and top it with chips. Prep time includes cooking chicken. Enjoy!!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, soup, cheese, rotel.
- Into casserole dish, place 1/3 of the chips, 1/3 of the soup mixture, 1/3 of the chicken. Repeat twice, top with chips.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350.
- If casserole gets too dry, add a little liquid such as chicken broth (I’ve never had to do this).