Recipe by mollypaul
A Southwestern twist on a perennial favorite sure to tickle your taste buds. From the Chex Cereal Company.
Top Review by Susy Q
Nice recipe but needed lots of help. I know this was written verbatim off the Chex site but there are serious problems. First, not enough moisture. I suggest using two sticks of butter. Second, add the taco mix, a bit of Tabasco and the parmesan to the melted butter. Pour it over the mixture and toss to coat then bake it for an hour in a 300 degree oven stirring every so often. It comes out crispy not the soggy mess of the original recipe. Sorry.
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups corn chips
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter (not tub or spread product)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix