Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This is a salad my mother used to make when we were young. It's inexpensive to make and there will never be leftovers.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (6 -10 ounce) bag taco chips, crushed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- salt (pinch)
- taco sauce (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef over medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain meat.
- Add the kidney beans to the meat and add salt and taco sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In large serving bowl, mix onion, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cheese.
- Add meat mixture, chips and dressing to salad ingredients.
- Toss and eat pronto -- as my mom would say.