1/9 Photos of Mexican Chef Salad
This salad goes together very quickly, and is great for those times when you don't really feel like cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 2Brown ground beef in a skillet. Season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt to taste. Drain and set aside to cool.
- 3Combine all salad ingredients. Toss to mix well.
- 4Prepare dressing and pour over top. Toss and serve.
- 6Combine all dressing ingredients at least an hour in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.5
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 1557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 45.4 g