This salad goes together very quickly, and is great for those times when you don't really feel like cooking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup jarred salsa or 1⁄3 cup picante sauce, to taste
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt to taste. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine all salad ingredients. Toss to mix well.
- Prepare dressing and pour over top. Toss and serve.
- Combine all dressing ingredients at least an hour in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use.