1/9 Photos of Mexican Chef Salad
This salad goes together very quickly, and is great for those times when you don't really feel like cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 2Brown ground beef in a skillet. Season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt to taste. Drain and set aside to cool.
- 3Combine all salad ingredients. Toss to mix well.
- 4Prepare dressing and pour over top. Toss and serve.
- 6Combine all dressing ingredients at least an hour in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.5
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 1557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: