Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Penzey's Spices magazine. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9x13 panand set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell peper, and garlic and cook until softened.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, cookedvegetables, beans, corn, enchilada sauce, salsa, cilantro, adobo seasoning, fajita seasoning and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture into pan.
- In a seperate bowl combine the cheeses.
- Sprinkle half the cheese mixture over the chicken/vegetable mixture that is in the pan.
- Top with the remaining chicken/vegetable and then op that with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and top with your garnishes.
- Serve with chips.