From Penzey's Spices magazine. Serve with tortilla chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- 2Grease a 9x13 panand set aside.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the onion, bell peper, and garlic and cook until softened.
- 5In a large bowl combine the chicken, cookedvegetables, beans, corn, enchilada sauce, salsa, cilantro, adobo seasoning, fajita seasoning and pepper.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Spoon half the mixture into pan.
- 8In a seperate bowl combine the cheeses.
- 9Sprinkle half the cheese mixture over the chicken/vegetable mixture that is in the pan.
- 10Top with the remaining chicken/vegetable and then op that with the rest of the cheese.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes.
- 12Let stand for 5 minutes and top with your garnishes.
- 13Serve with chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cheesy Chicken Dip
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 280.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix